StockGuard Electric Fencing Installation - Hints and Tips
Any type of post; wood, star post, pipe, fibreglass or rebars can be used to install the StockGuard electric fence system.
Our insulators and tensioners are designed to fit any type of post.
StockGuard insulators are designed to hold the tape firmly and eliminate friction from strong winds. To avoid any damage to the stainless steel threads, make sure the tape is completely blocked into the insulator.
A General Guide to Installation:
- 4cm / 40mm tape requires a support post every 5m. If you are situated in an extremely windy environment, reduce this spacing to 3m.
- 7cm to 10 cm wide softwood posts for tape runs. Alternatively, star posts can be used and line insulators attached with tie wire or UV protected tree ties.
- At stress points, such as gate openings, corners and the start of a tape run, 10cm to 15cm posts are required to attach tensioners (F36V or F45V). View a tensioner tutorial here.
- For long runs, a tensioner is recommended every 100m.
- Tape can be cut with scissors and rejoined using the stainless steel joiner buckles (4cm tape - F24B). View a repair tutorial here.
- Tape will stretch slightly when first installed or when it has been stressed. Unlock the line insulators, re-tension manually, as tight as humanly possible, pull excess tape through tensioners and re-tension. Finally, re-tighten line insulators.
Further information and handy hints on how easy it is to install StockGuard can be found on our Installation Guide page
NEW! Installation, maintenance and repair has now become even simpler with our series of Tutorial Videos here.