Aussie Fence Doctor
Providing you with practical fencing tips and strategies
What makes a good horse fence?
It is important that your fence has some form of flexibility to minimise the risk of injury to your horse and it needs to be practical and planned accordingly.
To avoid serious injury to your horse and damage to rugs, which is expensive, stressful and preventable it is highly desirable not to use:
x Barb wire x Plain wire
x Hinge joint or netting >40mm aperture x Stand offs
The use of timber and steel is excellent but very expensive and requires regular maintenance to optimise appearance.
High quality electric fencing tape provides a great solution for permanent fencing. Ensure you use wider tapes and if possible coloured ones so your horses have a visual barrier to recognize and respect.
For a quote specific to your fencing requirements, go to http://stockguard.com.au/how-to-order
An example of two tape runs using 40mm brown electric fence tape on wooden posts set five metres apart.
- We offer you a free personalised quote.
- A design service backed by 50 years practical experience.
- 40mm electric fence tape and fittings from approximately $1.45 per metre
- Backed by 25 year guarantee* on fence tape
- Reliable courier service direct to your door - Australia wide.
- Same day dispatch from our Queensland warehouse.