Aussie Fence Doctor
Providing you with practical fencing tips and strategies
Top tips for fencing installation
Some practical advice and tips to help with planning and installing your horse safe fence:
- Shop around, do your research and select the right product for your situation.
- Draw up a plan in advance to ensure your layout works effectively – it’s much easier to change on paper than trying to move several wooden posts at a later date.
- Use the correct number of tape runs or lines of the product suited to your requirements.
- Don’t set your posts too far apart. A maximum of 5 metres between posts is recommended.
- Design your fence so it is clear of obstructions. Allow for future growth on trees or vegetation that are planted nearby.
- Are you going to build the fence (DIY) or get a reliable fencing contractor in to assist?
- Depending on the type of fence you decide upon, do you have the specialist tools necessary as this will be an addtional expense.
- Avoid using standoffs and address the issue where possible by creating a laneway or adjusting the height of your fence.
Corner installation is very important so build box corners and consider fencing off your corners to prevent your horses racing into them.
For a downloadable version please click HERE.
- We offer you a free personalised quote.
- A design service backed by 50 years practical experience.
- 40mm electric fence tape and fittings from approximately $1.45 per metre
- Backed by 25 year guarantee* on fence tape
- Reliable courier service direct to your door - Australia wide.
- Same day dispatch from our Queensland warehouse.