Aussie Fence Doctor
Providing you with practical fencing tips and strategies
What type of post can you use for your permanent fencing?
Timber posts are the most suitable type of post for your permanent fencing however they will vary in availability and type depending on your location and your budget.
Examples of posts:
• Treated pine • Local hardwood
• Plastic covered treated • Recycled plastic
• Concrete • Metal
• Iron (star picket)
Corner posts/Gate posts have to be strong since they take the major part of the strain of the fence. Bracing these posts is always a practical option to ensure stability.
To optimise efficiency particularly for your electric fence it is recommended to set your posts at a distance no more than 5 metres apart.
Example of plastic coated timber posts with 40mm brown electric fence tape
For a quote specific to your fencing requirements, click here.
- We offer you a free personalised quote.
- A design service backed by 50 years practical experience.
- 40mm electric horse fencing tape and fittings from approximately $1.78 per metre (this is based on wooden posts at 5m spacing with a basic paddock plan of at least 1500m of tape. This is just a ballpark figure.)
- Backed by 25 year guarantee* on horse fence tape
With over 50 years of practical experience in the horse industry in Australia and overseas we aim to deep dive on the topics you want to know about when you're planning your property's fencing.