Aussie Fence Doctor
Providing you with practical fencing tips and strategies
What type of post can you use for your permanent fencing?
Timber posts are the most suitable type of post for your permanent fencing however they will vary in availability and type depending on your location and your budget.
Examples of posts:
• Treated pine • Local hardwood
• Plastic covered treated • Recycled plastic
• Concrete • Metal
• Iron (star picket)
Corner posts/Gate posts have to be strong since they take the major part of the strain of the fence. Bracing these posts is always a practical option to ensure stability.
To optimise efficiency particularly for your electric fence it is recommended to set your posts at a distance no more than 5 metres apart.
Example of plastic coated timber posts with 40mm brown electric fence tape
For a quote specific to your fencing requirements, go to http://stockguard.com.au/how-to-order
- We offer you a free personalised quote.
- A design service backed by 50 years practical experience.
- 40mm electric fence tape and fittings from approximately $1.45 per metre
- Backed by 25 year guarantee* on fence tape
- Reliable courier service direct to your door - Australia wide.
- Same day dispatch from our Queensland warehouse.