The Posts - Distance between and how to set them
StockGuard fits any post!
The StockGuard tape can be installed on the following:
- wooden posts
- metal posts
- iron posts
- fibreglass/nylon/recycled plastic posts
- concrete posts and trees
Our insulators and tensioners are designed to fit them all. Posts have to be purchased locally.
The distance between posts
The distance between the posts can be set between 2.4 metres to 5 metres, but should never exceed 5 metres. Post spacing should be reduced to 3 metres to 3.6 metres for wind speed above 96 kilometres per hour. To calculate the number of posts, divide the length of the fence by the distance you intend to place your posts, ie a maximum of 5 metres apart.
How to set the posts
At the corners and at the gate
The corner posts or gate posts have to be strong since they take the major part of the strain of the fencing: wooden posts, concrete, and metal pipes are all valid options as corner posts or gateposts. For sandy or rocky soil you will have to brace them.
1. Drive your corner posts, gate posts and end posts.
2. Make a straight line 25cm above ground by stretching string between each end post.
3. Install the tensioners at each ends of the string on the end post.
On the fence line
1. Along the same string drive the intermediate posts every 5 m maximum
2. Set the insulators on these posts following the string's straight line.
3. Repeat the process for each strand of tape.
- We offer you a free personalised quote.
- A design service backed by 50 years practical experience.
- 40mm electric fence tape and fittings from approximately $1.45 per metre
- Backed by 25 year guarantee* on fence tape
- Reliable courier service direct to your door - Australia wide.
- Same day dispatch from our Queensland warehouse.