The Tensioner - F36V
It is essential to use a tensioner to set and re-adjust the tension of the electric tape, at start and end points, at the gates, and at the corners.
The buckle (F36N) ensures the reconnection of the 10 wires together every time the tape is interrupted, thus controlling its efficiency.
Advantages of setting a tensioner as a corner insulator:
- Easier to adjust the tension of the tape from one corner to another.
- The buckle redistributes the current at each corner so that the 10 stainless-steel wires get the same voltage.
- The buckle F36N keeps the tape from wriggling inside the Corner Insulator and therefore prevents its attrition.
To install a tensioner at the corners and at the gate:
1. Make a straight line at 25 centimetres above ground by stretching a string between the end-posts.
2. Install the tensionners on each end post using the straight line as a guide for the level of the fence tape.
Removing a tang from the buckle will provide more room to hook the gate handle.
A perfectly stretched fence tape!
- We offer you a free personalised quote.
- A design service backed by 50 years practical experience.
- 40mm electric horse fencing tape and fittings from approximately $1.78 per metre (this is based on wooden posts at 5m spacing with a basic paddock plan of at least 1500m of tape. This is just a ballpark figure.)
- Backed by 25 year guarantee* on horse fence tape
With over 50 years of practical experience in the horse industry in Australia and overseas we aim to deep dive on the topics you want to know about when you're planning your property's fencing.