Designed to Reduce Wind Resistance
StockGuard recommends usually to set the posts at a maximum of 5 metres apart. This means fewer attachment locations, but more vulnerability to the wind. In windy areas the spacing of the posts will usually need to be closer.
250 metres of tape represents the surface of a 9 metre square sail, which is a lot on a windy day.
The combination of open weave and thickness of StockGuard tape (much thicker than other brands) allows the wind to pass through the weaving. Fence tape that flaps in the wind will result in faster wear on the fence. Do not twist the tape to keep it from flapping in the wind.
The tighter the tension on the tape using our tensioners (F36V), the less the tape will flap in the wind. Flapping creates a repetitive friction, ending up destroying the stainless steel filaments that ensure the continuity of the electric flow.
The StockGuard insulators hold the tape tight, cutting down on movement within the fittings, thus avoiding wear and tear of the tape.
This picture (1-second exposure) taken in a 65 kilometre per hour wind shows the StockGuard tape holding steady (above) and a poor quality brand tape flapping below.
- We offer you a free personalised quote.
- A design service backed by 50 years practical experience.
- 40mm electric fence tape and fittings from approximately $1.45 per metre
- Backed by 25 year guarantee* on fence tape
- Reliable courier service direct to your door - Australia wide.
- Same day dispatch from our Queensland warehouse.